If you are looking for a Harris County DWI lawyer, then you need to make sure that you find one that has all of the offerings that you need. There are many different levels to a DWI and you are facing many different charges pending on what you were doing. For example, if you were driving under the influence, then you can face anywhere from 72 hours to 180 days of jail time. If you were driving under the influence but your BAC level was over 0.15, then you can face anywhere from 72 hours to one year in jail! You also face various license suspensions as well as fines that can go anywhere from $2,000 to $10,000.
As you need to make sure that you are best represented in the event of a DWI, you will also want to find a DWI lawyer that can help you in other areas as well. Listed here are several of the many offerings of a Houston DWI attorney:
- DWI blood testing. One service that you can find with the right DWI attorney is the legal facts behind blood testing and Texas law. You will want to find the right lawyer that knows how to win a blood test trial when it comes to a Texas DWI.
- DWI probation violation. Likewise, another type of service that you can find with the right DWI lawyer is one that can help you in the instance that you have violated your DWI probation.
- DWI penal codes. You will want to make sure that they are very knowledgeable in penal codes that deal with specific DWI laws in Texas and Harris County.
- DWI license suspension in Texas. When you get a DWI in Texas, you will face a suspended license. However, when you get a lawyer, then they can fight to reduce your suspension period.
- Houston DWI penalties.
- Drug crimes. Other types of services include ones surrounding drug crimes in Texas.
- Marijuana drug crimes. You can find a lawyer that works specifically with marijuana drug crimes in Harris County.
- Domestic violence.
- Criminal law such as aggravated assault or assault.
- Juvenile crimes.
As you can see, there are many different offerings that you can find with the right DWI attorney office and law firm in Texas. There are many different offerings of an attorney that is versed in criminal law. But you will also want to make sure that you choose the attorney that has expertise in the particular crime that you are being charged with. If you are facing your second DWI with an open container, then you will need to find the most highly specialized lawyer in the Houston area that has particular experience with second time DWIs with open containers. These are all very serious offenses and you will need to find the best representation possible.
If you want to go straight to the best, then you can start by reaching out to the experts over at Thiessen Law Firm. They are the leading experts that can best represent you when facing DWI charges in Harris County.