There are many indicators that you may need to invest in braces for your oral health. Braces are an important part of your oral health for many reasons. For example, they can help fix an underbite, an overbite, an open bite, and many other misalignments of the jaw. They can also be used in order to fix spacing problems that you have in your teeth. If you have a large gap in your teeth, then they can be used to close that gap as well, which will help to alleviate oral health problems in the future. They can also be used to fix crowded teeth. This means that if your teeth run together or run into each other, then you can use braces to space them out.
Braces are vital for many reasons. There are also many different types of braces that you can choose from nowadays. If you are an adult and are considering braces, then there are many different types of ‘invisible’ braces, such as Invisalign, that will work for you and your smile. This will alleviate some of the embarrassment that can come with wearing braces as an adult while also alleviating the need to be self conscious about your smile while trying to grow your professional career. There are many signs that you may need braces. Listed here are the top five signs that you need braces:
- You have a permanent tooth that is unable to grown. This is called an impacted tooth and means that your teeth are crowding into one another. This means that you will want to consider getting braces so that you can avoid obstruction from other teeth as well as teeth that are crowding into one another. You can also prevent teeth from developing or growing in the wrong direction as well.
- You have an open bite. This means that your mouth doesn’t close all of the way when you close your jaw. Your teeth won’t touch. This often happens when a child sucks their thumb for long periods of their childhood and isn’t good for oral health in the future.
- You have an overbite or underbite. If your teeth hang over your lower teeth whenever you close your mouth or if your teeth hang under your lower teeth whenever you close your mouth, then you will need to consider getting braces.
- Your teeth run into each other. If your teeth have crowded into each other, then you will want to get braces in order to space them out. Otherwise, this can cause problems in the long run as you can get food stuck in your teeth as well as other oral health problems.
- You have large gaps in your teeth. If you have large gaps in your teeth, then you will want to get braces in order to close those gaps. Gaps can cause problems with your oral health that can be resolved when you choose to get braces.
If you are looking for the right orthodontist to help you, then you will want to reach out to the experts over at Fruge Orthodontics.