If you are considering visiting a neurosurgeon, then there are both pros and cons that come along with seeing a highly specialized surgeon. Neurosurgeons work towards diagnosing and treating a variety of disorders that affect the central nervous system. Treatments can involve surgeries such as brain surgery or treatments such as back pain treatment. These are disorders or problems with the central nervous system or the peripheral nervous system. Some examples of problems that would entail the services of a neurosurgeon include tumors, trauma, degenerative diseases, vascular disorders, infections of the brain, infections of the spine, and infections of any other part of the central nervous system.
A neurosurgeon will assess your case and determine your best needs. This doesn’t always mean that you will need to have surgery. A neurosurgeon will help you determine which treatments and diagnosis are best for you. You may need to see a neurosurgeon or a neurologist for the following symptoms. If you are experiencing headaches, chronic headaches, vision loss, chronic pain, dizziness, numbness, tingling, weakness, or vision problems, then these are all signs that you are experiencing a possibly severe issue with your central or peripheral nervous system.
As with any type of medical visit that you may need, there are both pros and cons that come along with visiting a neurosurgeon. Listed here are the pros and cons for making an appointment with a neurosurgeon.
Here are the pros for visiting a neurosurgeon:
- They may save your life! A neurosurgeon can save your life. This can come in many different forms as they can save your life by providing surgical procedures or simply by finding the right diagnosis and treatment for your particular case.
- They can help diagnose you faster.
- They can help treat you faster.
- It doesn’t mean that it will always result in surgery.
- They can make further diagnosis that your primary care doctor may not find.
Here are the cons for visiting a neurosurgeon:
- It will likely cost you! When you choose to go to a neurosurgeon, then it will cost you, especially if you don’t have insurance. However, finding a diagnosis and curing your pain is worth the cost. You can find the right practice that can help you with payment plans and insurance options as well.
- They may opt for surgery first if you don’t find the right clinic or practice.
As you can see, there are both pros and cons for visiting a neurosurgeon. However, any disease or condition that deals with your central nervous system needs to be addressed and diagnosed first and foremost by a neurologist or neurosurgeon in order to properly treat it. If you are looking for the right team of experts to help you with your neurological needs, then you can start by visiting the experts over at Boulder Neurological & Spine Associates. They are the leading experts in neurological care and can assess your needs for surgical and non surgical treatments for areas such as the brain, spine, back, and sciatica pain.