Home inspectors do a variety of tasks for homeowners and real estate agents. As you can guess from the term, they inspect homes, but there are many different components to this. For example, a home inspector might examine the home to make sure that it’s not a fire risk. To do this, they might look at the electrical wiring, the outlets, the various appliances in the home, and the lighting fixtures. By examining all of these areas of the home, they can determine whether or not the home is up to code in terms of fire safety. Home inspectors might also take a look at a home’s foundation to make sure that it’s stable. They might examine the doors to make sure they work, take a look at the bathrooms to make sure there isn’t any leakage or flooding occurring, and they might even perform a radon inspection to make sure the radon levels in the home are acceptable.
As you can see, there are many different things that home inspectors do and many different reasons why you might need to hire one. However, before you actually hire a Colorado home inspector or one from another state, you need to make sure that they’re competent at their job. To find such an inspector, look for one with the following five things.
1. A Good, Well-Deserved Reputation. The first thing you should be looking for in a home inspector is that they have a good reputation that’s well deserved. To find out if a home inspector has such a reputation, look online at the various review sites out there and make sure the reviews seem legitimate. Look on Yelp, on Google Reviews, and on various other sites to see what people are saying about the home inspector, and make sure the positive reviews are legit. It’s not hard to spot a review that’s been planted by the inspector themselves, so just keep an eye out for those.
2. Good Rates. The second thing you want to find in a home inspector is that they offer good rates. Ask them what it costs to have your home inspected, and then compare that price to other inspectors out there.
3. Experience. Third, you’ll want to find a home inspector with a great deal of experience. You want someone who’s been working in the field for years, because that’s the easiest and most effective way to ensure that you’re hiring a home inspector that really knows what they’re doing. A Better Home Inspection is a great example of a company with loads of experience.
4. Expertise. Of course, you’ll also want to find a home inspector that has expertise in their craft. This is the best way to ensure that the one you end up hiring will be able to perform all of the inspection tasks you need.
5. Reliable. Finally, you should only work with home inspectors who are reliable. This means that they show up on time, they get the work done quickly, and they do all of the things you want them to do.