CBD, or cannabidiol oil is a by product of the marijuana plant that does not contain high levels of THC, meaning that getting “high” is not a side effect. In fact, CBD oil is commonly used for pain management because it is said to activate the same place in the brain that opioids do, making it excellent for helping people with chronic pain. Did you know that there are actually a bunch of other uses for CBD oil? If you did not, read the list below for a few more ways CBD oil can help improve your life.
- Listen up, insomniacs: CBD oil can help you get to sleep. One of the only regularly reported side effects of medical CBD oil is that some users feel tired after using it. This is great news for those with trouble sleeping because CBD oil is non habit forming unlike some of the heavier sleeping pills on the market. If you struggle with getting to sleep, CBD oil could be your new best friend.
- Got a teenage-style breakout? CBD oil can help! One of the biggest factors behind acne breakouts is an over production of sebum in the skin. Studies have recently shown that CBD oil an actually inhibit sebum production in the body, which in turn, results in clearer skin. CBD oil is also noted for it’s anti inflammatory properties, which is also great for your newly unblemished skin.
- Anxiety be gone! Those with anxiety or panic attacks have had success with CBD oil because of not only its anti inflammatory properties, but its ability to help alleviate stress. Some studies even suggest that CBD oil is a good way for those with PTSD, or post traumatic stress disorder, to find some relief.
- Chronic pain can be a thing of the past. For those who suffer from chronic pain, you may have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, a frustrating condition that makes pain a part of your everyday life. Again, because of its strong anti inflammatory properties, fibromyalgia patients have seen a significant reduction in their symptoms. In fact, one study used CBD oil versus and placebo and while the placebo group saw little to no improvement in their condition, the CBD oil users saw significant improvement.
- Multiple sclerosis symptoms can be lessened. Studies have shown that the anti inflammatory properties of CBD oil are helpful in lessening the painful muscle spasms associated with multiple sclerosis. In a test with lab mice, mice who had been treated for multiple days with CBD oil had improved symptoms and better motor function than those who had not.
There are so many ways that CBD oil can be used and more are being discovered every day. If you are interested in learning how CBD oil might be able to help you, you can talk to the professionals, like those at Modern Health Concepts who can help you understand how it works as well as give you some of the other amazing ways it has proven to be effective for all types of people with all types of conditions, ailments and illnesses.