Attending a congregation of your choice can have many benefits. Engaging with liked minded people who want to deepen their spiritual life is one of many. This starts with an understanding of a deep longing for something more, and answering that longing in the vehicle of corporate worship. Each of us have various needs that need to be met, and we need to have a holistic approach in how to make sure those needs are met. A church can be many things, and it can add great value in your life. It can teach you great things, and give you hope for a better life to come. These are all great reasons to go to church, but you want to be sure you are going with good expectations.
Here are some pitfalls to consider and avoid:
- You only come to get something. While coming to received something is an important part of the experience of church, you should also come with an attitude of service. This is an important part of Christianity. Living one’s life looking for ways to serve others is important. There are many things to accomplish, and looking for ways to come alongside the staff at your church to assist in these goals. This is a way to come ready to receive even more. It can be an oxymoron in a way. As you only look to receive, you are limited by your own ideas of what it means. However, when you come ready to give, you will leave with so much more.
- Boosting you self esteem is your goal. It is very important to have a healthy view of yourself, but having this expectation going into a church service may not be the right expectation. This is a time for attempting to understand how to make corrections in your life. A time to understand how to bring your life more in line with the idea that Christ left for us. This is not necessarily incompatible with self esteem, but it should take precedence over self esteem. The time spent in church should be meow about bringing yourself in line with want God wants to accomplish in you.
- You want to improve your financial status. This is a popular theme, and has been for decades. If you just follow Christ, all of your dreams will come true, and you will be financially stable. While this is an alluring idea, this is not reality, and it is not in line with the Christina tradition. While you should most likely work to be financially stable, this is not something that happens magically. The idea of church is about coming in line with God’s plan for your life, and not about obtaining wealth.
There are many positive outcomes from attending church, and engaging in a faith based community of liked minded people. However, you should to have unrealistic expectations. It is best to go to improve your spiritual life, and for your spiritual well being. Coupled with a great community of believers, you will have the right outcome.
There are many points to ponder when looking for a design professional. Constructing your own checklist is a great place to start. This will ensure you have put the proper thought into what your priorities are, and what you hope to accomplish. As with hiring any professional, there are basic needs to consider, but in this post we are going to dig a little deeper. When dealing with a residential decorator in a professional setting, there any many additional things to consider apart from the normal list.
- What do you expect from the design professional? When considering how this fits, it is a good idea to begin to make a list of your expectations. This is a crucial piece for hiring any professional, but is especially pertinent when hiring a residential interior designer. There are many reasons you have decided to hire someone, and you should itemized the list. You should have it readily available for any and all discussions.
- What is your design taste? Do you prefer mid-modern as a look? Or, do you prefer a more traditional look and feel. These are all very important to make know to the designer. They need to fully understand your taste, and understand your expectations. What you want is the foundation of why you may have hired the designer. Talk with them in-depth about your expectations. The last outcome you would want is to have them go down a path of something you dislike. There will be an expense to this, and you don’t want to see your investment wasted on something that you do not like.
- What design aspects do you need them to bring to the table? At this point you should have made clear your likes and dislikes. However, what do you need from them? Think about the reason you decided to hire them in the first place? What made you make that decision? Be sure you know where you need help, and make it know to your hired professional. This can make or break the project.
- While you have thought about your taste and made it known, have you made sure to have them keep any heirlooms? Be sure you communicate any pieces that you currently have that must be kept in the mix. You don’t want them to plan an entire room around, and plan to throw out something you must keep. At every step of the process, this is about clear communication with your chosen decorator.
- Be sure you have fun and enjoy the process. You have decided to undertake a pretty fun thing, and give your home an overhaul. Maybe it has a dated look, and you just want to have a new feel to it. This is a good thing, and it can be very enjoyable to go through all the steps of giving your living space a refresh. Be sure to get everything you want, and have fun while doing it
This is not a comprehensive list by any means, but it may give you a starting point to understand what you want to achieve. When you have your list completed, check out Andrea Schumacher Interiors.