A wedding venue is arguably one of the most important parts of planning your wedding. Your venue is a crucial piece of executing the vibe and theme of your wedding and will also serve as the backdrop for your photos and memories. Feeling like you have found a comfortable, beautiful, functional space will make you feel even more excited about your special day. Because a wedding venue choice is so important, it can also be one of the most stressful decisions to make. Once you have chosen a venue, many of the other planning aspects become based on that space. So how do you ensure that you are choosing the best possible venue for your wedding? This list will give you the top 5 things to look for as you visit different venue possibilities.
- Price- This is probably the most obvious tip on the list. Price is important. Weddings can get very expensive very quickly and it’s important to try and stick to the budget you and your significant other have agreed on. Venues are often one of the larger expenses and therefore can be a stressful decision. Ideally, you should look at venues that are in your price range or venues that have a history in working with different budgets and providing options to suit all budget needs. If you end up overpaying for a venue, it can take away from the other aspects of your wedding and cause you more stress.
- Size- If you already know the general size of your wedding, it is an important factor when deciding on a wedding venue. Wedding venues come in all different sizes and you will no doubt find one that suits your needs, but it is important to make sure the venue can accommodate everything you are envisioning. For example, if you plan to have a live band, a buffet, a photobooth, etc., you must factor this in as you look at venues.
- Staff- The staff of a venue is important because it’s who you will be working with for the duration of your planning process, as well as on your special day. You want to be sure that your account manager or venue contact understands the vision of your wedding and has a similar work style as you. If you are the type of person who needs to be able to get a hold of someone consistently, you may want to check on this. If you are someone who needs frequent in person meetings, you should find out if your venue coordinator is able to provide this.
- Functionality- You likely have a very specific vision for your wedding and you’ll want to make sure that the venue you choose can effectively accommodate this vision. In some cases, it may be helpful to choose a venue that is more of a blank canvas because you can do more to transform it into your vision. If you have a very specific vision, however, and find a venue that already embodies this, you should choose that venue.
- Wow Factor- This one is hard to describe, but it’s easy to feel. Generally, when looking for a venue, you’ll have a certain feeling when entering one that says “this is it.” The wow factor is the thing that makes you feel excited and helps you truly imagine your wedding taking place there.
Following these tips will help you to find the best wedding venue for you.